background

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Terra

Hello, my name is Terra and I am the youngest 'sister' :) I blush a little when I say this because, being a sister-in-law, I feel very fortunate to be asked to join this group. I am an only child and have always longed for a sibling of my very own. Now I have many :) Although I have my own wonderful family, I am truly thankful for this one, and wish they were not so far away!! I have yet to meet Sophie in person and it will still be some time before we are all able to sit down and have a conversation in the same room and this is one of the reasons I am very grateful for this blog.


I am a first time mama to my beautiful daughter Amelia, born at home and in the tub just over a year ago, and motherhood has changed me in ways I could never have imagined. I have found inner strength unbeknownst to me and found a love that continues to take my breath away. I have also learned to function on very limited amounts of sleep and to do most things one-handed. I now also have an immense respect for mothers everywhere, especially those with 5 children (Martha).




My partner in crime, Jobie, is my rock and the love of my life. A true man, he is a hard worker and has the most integrity of anyone I have ever met. He is a fun and caring father and has graciously brought his two children into my life. Raven (10) and Jazmyn (almost 9) are beautiful, thoughtful, amazing children and I am so lucky to have them in my life. Though we may have another child, Amelia is already blessed with two siblings whom she adores. Some days it feels as if we live at the zoo, but it is all worth it to see the love amidst the chaos.




In my pre-motherhood days, I studied sculpture at ACAD and went to music shows. I did a lot of yoga, sang in a couple groups, worked for an airline and managed a stage/art gallery. I currently have less time but still hold similar interests. I have goals to attend more yoga and my focus has shifted to nutrition and holistic healing. I plan to go back to school for holistic nutrition, specializing in pre and post natal nutrition, and take part in various mama/baby projects along the way. I may also take another Reiki course? I am passionate about natural birthing and parenting, holistic lifestyle choices, nutrition + recipes, hiking and trees (love them!), books and bettering myself, FOOD and GOOD WINE!, my kids and anything creative and inspiring: this is what you will find in my blog. I’ve also been resigned to a gluten, egg and almost dairy free diet due to intolerance, so most of my recipes will probably cater to those sensitivities. I joke that I’m a meat eating vegan :) I hope that doesn’t offend anyone! Thanks for reading and have a glorious day!

2 comments:

  1. A pleasure to be your sister in absensia :-) Loved your post. We could have an amazing practise together if we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to have you on board terra...considering my addiction to pudding making and your sensitive pallette it may be a helpful thing you arent closer.....all the same we wish u were...

    ReplyDelete